- General appearance: Intelligent, sprightly, affectionate,
with long, straight coat hanging evenly down each side,
the parting extending from nose to root of tail. Although
the frame is hidden beneath a mantle of hair, the general
appearance should suggest a vigorous, well-proportioned
- Weight: Not to exceed seven pounds. Smaller the better.
Under three pounds ideal.
- Color: Pure white.
- Coat: Long, straight, silky but strong and of even texture
throughout. No under coat.
- Head: In proportion to size of dog -should be of fair
length: the Skull slightly round, rather broad between the
ears and moderately well defined at the temples, i.e.,
exhibiting a moderate amount of stop and not in one straight
line from nose to occiput bone.
- Muzzle: ot lean nor snipey but delicately proportioned.
- Nose: Black.
- Ears: Drop ears set slightly low, profusely covered with
- Eyes: Very dark -not too far apart- expression alert but
gentle: black eye rims give a more beautiful expression.
- Legs: Short, straight, fine boned and well feathered.
- Feet: Small with long feathering.
- Body and Shape: Back short and level.
- Tail and Carriage: Tail well feathered with long hair,
gracefully carried, its end resting on the hind quarters
Scale of Positive Points: Points
Weight and size: 20
Body and Shape: 10
Tail and its carriage: 10
Scale of Negative Points:
Hair clipped from face or feet: 20
Kinky, curly or outstanding coat: 15
Uneven texture of coat: 10
Yellow or any color on ears or coat: 10
Undershot or overshot jaws: 10
Prominent or bulging eyes: 10
Pig nose or deep stop: 10
Roach back: 5
Butterfly or Dudley nose: 5