|MAY 1999 - Subscribers: 2,972 - Issue No: 011 - 11th Edition 1999© All Rights Reserved|
DEDICATED TO PEOPLE IN RESCUE
NATIONAL MALTESE SPECIALTY
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR NEW PUPPY IS BITING AND SNAPPING
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NEW DOG GET ALONG WITH THE OTHER DOGS IN YOUR HOUSE!
SEPARATION ANXIETY AND CLOMICALM - THE DOGGIE PROZAC!
DOES YOUR MALTESE HAVE GARBAGECANITUS?
ASK THE DENTALVET
DID YOU KNOW?
WHEN TICKS ATTACK!
UPDATE ON FEBREZE!
NEW ADDITIONS TO PHOTO ALBUM
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE FAMILY
LIBBY'S CHATROOM SCHEDULE
BUSTERS PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
JUST FOR FUN
BAMBI'S "PUP-POURRI" OF DOG TRIVIA
SMILES FROM OUR WHITE FURBABIES
The Taurus Dog is loving and cuddly. Taurus dogs are patient and reliable, always putting up with their owner's foibles and habits. They love to lay in front of a fire or curled on a blanket. The Taurus Dog relishes time with his owner and is a little jealous of others who interrupt that special time. Taurus Dogs are quiet and peaceful and are most comfortable when all is well and secure in their world, especially if there is a bone nearby.
SueM's Mandy 5/1
Happy Belated Birthday to:
Ros's Muffy 4/4
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the following:
Debbie who lost her Buddy
Diane who lost her Bogie Dog
Note: If you are having trouble dealing with the loss of your Maltese or any other pet please visit the following Internet sites: www.petloss.com or www.bestfriends.com. There are several support groups who can help in dealing with this loss.
For MAY 1999
Shira Yuki, Tally, Lil Miss Holly, Didi, Mikey,Lyssa,Kama,Tassle,Poquito,Scooter, Casey Joe, Li'l Buddy, Cupid, Fred, Lucca and Kirby, Mr. Whitley, Mika, Puff and Trevor, Noah, Gabriella, MegDoodle, Scamp, Nevar, Mip, Oliver Hecht, Corvo
(Special Note: If your photo has not been posted please be patient. Jay has received an overwhelming amount of photos either by snail mail or e-mail. Your baby's picture will get posted. Your patience is greatly appreciated.)
Crazy Dog Pet-A-Dent Toothbrush! Designed by a professional to promote safe, positive dental experiences for you pets. Easy to grip. Kelps kep your dog's mouth open while you clean. Curved, black bristles remove plaque & food particles. The small size has teething bumps to help improve circulation to aid in tooth eruption. Comes in small and large. One of the Best & Safests Toothbrushes on the Marked. Comes with Crazy dog Toothpaste - great tasting peanut butter flavored. Can be found in most Pet Cataloges and Stores.
In a University of Maryland study, over 40% of the respondents admitted that more affection is paid toward the family pet than toward all other household members!
Ever wonder how some dogs seem to know when certain family members are moments from arriving home? Dogs can hear sounds four times farther away than what humans can hear. Dogs can also distinguish sounds that are as little as one-eigth difference in tone.
Dogs are masters of expression, though sometimes their physical cues are confusing to people. Think of the saying "a dog's bark is worse than his bite" -- many vociferous dogs, maybe even scary sounding barkers are nothing less than friendly.Canine moods may be fleeting depending upon a dog's surroundings. These tell-tale signs can be helpful at predicting what mood a dog is in:
My best friend closed his eyes last night, As his head was in my hand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head, As I cradled him in my arms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge, With an intense "I love you gaze",
But an Angel just appeared to me, And he said, "You should cry no more,
© 1997, Mary Ellen Arthur Excalibur Cavaliers
"In the Candle's Glow"
Warm light coming from far below,
We have a secret, you and I
If you require a puppy
Seeing Eye Dog
I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45-minute delay and everybody on board was ticked.Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in 30 minutes.
Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?"
Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."
Picture this ... all the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with the Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, they also were trying to change airlines!
Submitted by Cindy Shaffer & ShelleyJ
1. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
2. Don't go out without ID.
3. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
4. Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
5. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
6. Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is most effective.
7. When you do something wrong, always take responsibility (as soon as you're dragged shamefully out from under the bed).
8. If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.
Submitted by Mary Koutrakos
15. You subscribe to The Maltese Rx so he can look at the pictures of the pretty girls.
14. When thinking of your wedding day, you plan on having your Malt as the official "flower dog"
13. You subscribe to the additional cable channels, only to have Animal Planet for your Malt.
12. Your Maltese eats off of Lenox china, you eat off of paper plates.
11. You finally purchased yourself a beautiful $250 pair of Bruno Magli shoes, only to have your Maltese chew them up, rather than getting upset, you tell your malt "You can have them, they pinched my feet anyway."
10. You only have one Maltese, but three Sherpa bags, four collars and seven sweaters for him. By the way, you own no luggage, jewelry or clothing for yourself.
9. You no longer have friends of your own. You only socialize with people owned by other dogs, and you can never remember the humans names, just their dogs and refer to them as your Malt's friends
8. If you can't take your Malt out for a walk due to weather, you call in sick to work the next day for an outing in the park, a result of the guilt you feel.
7. You turn the ringer off on your phone as not to disrupt your Malt's nap time.
6. When you see your malt scratching, and it doesn't look like he can reach the itch himself, you immediately stop what you are doing to assist him in the scratch.
5. You only patronize stores that allow your Malt to come in with you.
4. The only meals you know how to cook are for your Malt.
3. The only reason you have Internet connection is for Maltese Only so your malt can participate in the chat room.
2. When you take a shower in the morning, you leave the shower curtain open on the other end of the tub so your malt knows where you are.
1. When you make your bed in the morning and shake your comforter, five nylabones, two squeaky toys and a booda velvet fall onto the floor.
PET PERCH CAR SAFETY SEAT
The Pet Perch retails elsewhere for $39.95, your cost through this Special Offer will be only $24.95 + $7.25 shipping & handling with $5.00 going to The National Maltese Rescue Fund. This special offer available only through the MalteseOnly Website. To get yours, simply mail a check or money order for $24.95 plus $7.25 for shipping and handling for a total of $32.20 (anywhere in the continental US), Florida residents add applicable sales tax to:
Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery via UPS
A special thanks goes out to the Sponsors of MalteseOnly:
Note: If you wish to submit an article, poem, joke, birthday, etc. for MalteseOnly News please send an email to: Libby@malteseonly.com All submissions must be to me by the 25th of the month.
Thanks to the many people who have made the Maltese Only Website and Newsletter such a success. A special thanks go out to our Sponsors.
As quoted by Dr. Jane Leon, from America's Health Network, "Be good to your pets, they try so hard to be good to you and for you"
Get a free MalteseOnly email address
To unsubscribe from the MalteseOnly Newsletter, simply go to http://www.malteseonly.com/subscribe.html then enter your email address and check "unsubscribe" or subscribe and submit.
© 1999 All Rights Reserved
Tell a friend about our Newsletter